Monday, August 17, 2015

Who,What,Why and How?

The light of the world. 

Who, what, why and how?

Who
You and me, that's who, this is truer than true. 
Now that isn't how I planned to start this blog, heck no one knows how to really put pen to paper and explain who they are in the most honest way. I'm just another human on this planet trying to navigate my way through life, trying to understand its wonders. 
This blog is from me to you, my interpretation of life and the experiences we face daily. 

What?
What exactly does it mean to be 'The Light of the world'? 
This blog will be talking about our daily adventures, the way we seeked Shalom (Peace) and how myself and even you can be the light in the world. The blog title was chosen because of 2 bible verses that has allowed me to rest easy in some of the darkest times. 

Light of the World: (John 8:12) – Jesus came into a world darkened by sin and shed the light of life and truth through His work and His words. Those who trust in Him have their eyes opened by Him and walk in the light. 
In Matthew 5:16: 
In the same way, let your light shine before others,
 that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Now you are probably wondering why? 


Why be the light of the world? 
I have challenged myself to be the light in the darkness since being on a program called Target 21 back in 2011. At first I was so excited and passionate about this journey, but lately have become part of the darkness. Now why would you or I want to be the light in the darkness? In Ephesians 5:8 is clearly states that "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light"
I may have become part of the darkness, but in loving God and being one of his children, I am a light. 

In John 12:36 it says: Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.”.. So even though i have indulged in the ways of the world, i still have God's light and hope to shine it on this blog. I want to encourage you to live your life to the fullest. 

Now if you google the definition of the word light it comes up with : the natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible. I want to use this blog as a connecting platform where you are able to seek postivity, love and heck maybe even visible help (Can't promise that because i'm still trying to figure out how to adult)

How? How will i be using this blog? 
I will be using this blog to discuss situations and tackle life issues and experiences. Now I am in no way a professional, and my opinions are my own, so if you do not agree, that's totally fine. Feel free to suggest topics too. 

I'm excited to see what happens throughout this year.
Until later then,

(C) 


2 comments: