Monday, August 24, 2015

Long drop Theory

Ok before you freak out and think I'm going to discuss in detail, the use of a long drop, you are a 100% correct!
Im joking ofcourse.
The Long drop theory is a term introduced by one of my beloved friends and has stuck in our friendship group as one of the most common used words.
Let me explain it, when you go through a tough time you say "I've hit rock bottom", to you that is the lowest you can go and its just not a fun time.

This is where the long drop theory comes in, think about it, a hole in the ground purely used for people to release the Tacos they inhaled on Taco Tuesday. If you don't know what a long drop is, google it, or not, I'm just warning you now, its not something you want to see on a Tuesday morning!

 We have all had to use one sometime in our life and its a scary, smelly and unpleasant experience all up.
When my friends and I go through a tough time and don't feel like explaining it, we just say, "I'm in the long drop".
You are pretty low, but a long drop is a bottomless pit that you can still sink under to. That sounds disgusting, I know.

Recently I found myself saying that phrase a lot, and my friends knew I needed them, and don't get me wrong, I love my friends to bits, but they can only help you to an extent. I find it hard to reach out in it self, so having my friends wanting to be there for me all the time was a hard thing, I kept thinking, "I'm wasting their time" Or "oh no, I'm becoming a nuisance". I have had to let my walls down a bit,  but ultimately, your friends can't solve your problem or be there 100%, they have lives and problems too.
Imagine this, you are down at the bottom of the pit, you look up at the hole where the light is coming out, and In your head, that is your exit. Without a rope or ladder, how will you get out?
This is a metaphor and to be honest, I don't think anyone here is going to have a Slumdog Millionaire moment and jump in willingly.

I'm still in the longdrop, don't get me wrong, but I'm slowly finding my way out with the help of  my beloved friends and the word of God,
In Colossians 3:1-2 it says, Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your heart on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

Everyone seeks and finds help differently, but my advice is,
Live simple, allow yourself to receive help, love humbly and set your mind on things above.
It might not seem like it now, but it will get better and it will be over soon. God loves you, and He knows that you are able to handle the things thrown at you. It builds your character and makes you stronger as a person, and for myself, in my faith. He is preparing you for something amazing, you just have to stick with it and not lose hope.

Until next time,
[C]



No comments:

Post a Comment