Saturday, October 31, 2015

Caring

Caring, a human result of displaying kindness and concern for others. This is an emotion that most of us feel, we care about our future, we care about the people in our lives, friends, family, or  animals. We care about a lot of people and about a lot of things.

Some of us wished we cared more, and other might wish they cared less.
Why do we care?
This is a question I have been asking myself for a few weeks now, why do I care?
Why do I care about people who don't really care about me, or why do I care about what happens?  There are many bible verses relating to this topic, but two that has really challenged me in the last few weeks have been is Philippians 2:4-  Not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of others.
and then Galatians 6:2- Carry each others burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Caring about people is natural, I care for the safety and health of my family and friends, I care if they struggle and need help, I care for their success and their failures.  There are times some people don't care about me, but then I start to ask myself why I care about them when they don't seem to care about me, and in those times I also have to ask if they ever cared for me. This is a really big rabbit hole to fall in and can be discussed for ages, and sometimes I wish I had an off button for caring, but unfortunately life doesn't work that way. Sometimes caring means letting go of people or things that continue to hurt you. I know this is a really hard task, but letting go off people does not mean that you don't care about them.
Anyway, this is a short ramble because I haven't written anything in a while #Unilife, but this has just been on my mind for a while and I wanted to share it. I am no expert in life so don't take my post to heart.
Until next time
[C]

No comments:

Post a Comment